Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grow Up!

Have you thought about what it means to be a grown up? What makes someone mature, is it a particular number, such as being 18 to 21 years old? In my case turning 21 certainly did not grow me up. Is it getting married? Having children? Maybe, but not likely.

What is the difference between growing up and growing older? More importantly as Christians, how do we “grow up” in Christ? I like the msg translation of Eph 4:15 which says “God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love - like Christ in everything. Ephesians 4:15 (MSG)A lot of us get saved at a young age, and a lot of us come to know Christ later in life. Sadly the situation I see around me is that people take refuge in the fact they are saved and continue to go on with their daily lives. We are all sinners, me included, however, I feel that that does not satisfy God. We need to make the choice to be disciples of Christ from the moment we are saved. We are to learn to be Christ like in every inch of our Christian walk. That is the difference between growing older and growing up as far as Christians are concerned.

One great example of growing up and choosing discipleship was Matthew. This guy was a tax collector..in a booth…and Jesus said “come with me” Matthew left right there. Left his booth, his belongings, the life he knew to follow Christ. Guys that has to be us, God yearns for us to grow up, to become close to him.

How do we do that? Isn’t life dull when we give up all the luxuries of a secular life? I’m here to tell you that when you die to self is when you really start to live. Great, but how do we even come close to the standard of becoming Christ like?

We begin by making the conscious decision to do it. Renew your mind, get rid of everything that may distract you from becoming close to God. Phil 2:5 “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus” I thought giving up things like Nip Tuck and Budlight would be hard, as well as some musical choices I liked to crank up in my car, however once I made the conscious decision to pursue Christ, none of that mattered anymore. 5 minutes into watching Nip Tuck I felt…an uncomfortable conviction, it was fabulous. Its not all sunshine all the time, but its something you have to discipline yourself to do.

Stay in fellowship with God. I have a journal, I do a bible study every night, and track my prayer requests. Some of you, this may not work for, but small things like listening to Christian music, watching a good spiritual movie, etc, praying to God on your way to work, its all fellowship and you will find you begin to thirst for it. That’s when the Holy Spirit takes over and begins to transform you and your life will never be the same. Its amazing.

To become like Christ we must learn humility, love, and forgiveness. Christ washed feet! The Son of God taking himself down to the lowest level possible, washing the feet of those who should be serving him! We must love, even our enemies, and forgive those who have hurt us, because we ultimately put Christ on the cross for our sins, yet he was willing to pay the price. We are no better than the next person, and forgiveness isn’t pleasant all the time, but it is necessary if we want to grow. Remember 70 times 7 and how Christ took the flack for all our screw ups.

Guys make the conscious to get to know God. Lets get out there and tell others because we might be the only chance at hearing the good news people get. Lets get out of the bars and into the sanctuary. Its time guys, the time is now…

1 comment:

  1. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, ANTI VIRUS, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2348025012866
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete