Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keep on Keepin On..

Being sold out for Christ is not easy. What I have found that the deeper I get in the Word, the closer we get to God, when we get comfortable is when I have found Satan sneaks up on us and BAM we slip and fall. Its gonna happen, we can be strolling along on our spiritual walk, and there's that small crack in the side walk, that small patch of ice that causes us to slip and fall, and bam... there we are...on the ground trying to figure out how to get up.

I have been dealing with this a lot lately. Jesus demands perfection, yet it is impossible because we are human, that however doesn't mean we shouldn't try. My problem has been when I fail, I let the guilt of my failure get in the way of my closeness with God. 

Its funny isn't it? We ask for forgiveness for our sin,  God forgives it, our sin has been paid for..and yet Satan is still getting something out of you by playing the guilt card. I struggle with not feeling deserving of the blessings and things that God has given me, yet God tells me, Chels, you are forgiven...keep on keepin on. John 1:9 says: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. So  whatever your patch of ice is,  get up, ask for forgiveness, be genuine, and don't give up, keep on keepin on. God loves you..

No comments:

Post a Comment